Black Table Talks Youth Program
We are seeking 4 young people who are interested on becoming
Peer Support workers for an upcoming youth program.
Black Table Talk will bring local young people together for a weekly program to discuss topics that are important to local young people.
The selected 4 Peer Support Workers from the local community will lead the promotion, planning, delivery of the Black Table Talk program. With support and mentorship from professional community workers.
The Peer Support Workers will receive training to develop their skills for future employment, projects and opportunities. Peer Support Workers will be compensated $30p/hr. This role is suitable for young people who wish to become youth workers, social workers, community development practitioners.
Who should apply:
- Local residence from Flemington, North Melbourne, Kensington and Ascot Vale
- 16-25 year olds
- Young people who are interested in youth and community work
- Can commit to 3 hours a week for 12 weeks
- Young people who have little to no experience in youth and/or community work are strongly encouraged to apply
Peer Support workers are responsible for
- Promoting the program
- Codesign of 8-week program
- Attend and contribute to the planning sessions
- Facilitate the sessions
- Be part of evaluating the program
Committee will have short 15-20minute zoom interviews with candidates to select 4 Peer Support Workers.