We're looking for short films made by young people aged 12-25 to screen at Valley Youth's 2nd Annual Short Film Fest and Movie Night in August!
The Short Film Fest and Movie Night will take place on Friday, 26th August from 6pm - 10:30pm at the Valley Youth Space (3 Matthew's Avenue, Niddrie 3042).
SUBMIT YOUR SHORT FILM!
Are you a young filmmaker? Perhaps you’ve just finished a media assignment? This is an opportunity for showcase your short film to the community and win awesome prizes!
We encourage you to be creative with your film. It can be shot on any device like a phone and be of any genre! Why not think about creating a new film about being a young person or on location in Moonee Valley!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO SUBMIT?
Young people aged between 12 - 25 years of age who live, work, study or hangout in Moonee Valley.
We are looking for short films that are:
- Between 1 to 8 minutes, including credits
- Of any genre (please read terms and conditions)
- In mp4 format
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE: Monday 15th August 2022, at 5pm.
- First Prize: $150 JB HI FI voucher and an annual membership to ACMI. The winner of this prize will be decided by Avenue Productions.
- People's Choice Award: $50 Village Cinema voucher. The winner of this prize will be decided by those in attendance at the Movie Night.
Terms and Conditions:
- Short films of a discriminatory, explicit or defamatory nature are not suitable for this event and will not be considered.
- Content warnings must be displayed for sensitive media.
- Short films must not include nudity, discrimination, homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, explicit language or violence.
- Policy of “tell don’t show” – meaning for example violence can be hinted at or discussed but there can be no explicit shots.
- The Movie Night is strictly drug, alcohol and smoking free event.
If you've got any questions, we'd be more than happy to answer them! Email us at email@example.com or call us on 9243 1225.
HOW TO SUBMIT?
Complete the form below to submit your short film
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- All submitted short films will be assessed by our Avenue Productions group.
- All applicants will be responded to by Wednesday 17th August and be advised whether they have been successful.
- Successful applicants will be allocated a showing time and emailed all necessary documents.
This event was planned entirely by young people in Moonee Valley’s Avenue Productions group and funded through the FReeZA program, a Victorian Government initiative. This event is fully supervised, drug, alcohol, smoking free with no pass-outs.
We acknowledge the Wurundjeri Woi-wurrung people as traditional custodians of the land in which the short film festival is being held. We pay respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Elders, past, present and emerging.