We provide loads of ways young people can be involved in
decision making, leadership and representation in your local area.
Here are some ways you can help plan for the future of young people, represent specific groups within the community or organise events for young people in Moonee Valley.
Young People's Committee
Want to be involved in projects for young people in your area? Do you have ideas about how Moonee Valley can be improved as a home for young people? Join our Young People’s Committee!
We invite passionate young people aged 12 to 25 to join us and participate in our community by representing your peers and be actively involved in decision making. The committee meets monthly and provides young people in Moonee Valley with an opportunity to...
- Develop their leadership skills and support youth-led initiatives
- Advocate and inform Council on a range of issues that affect local young people
- Great experience for your resume
- Improve Moonee Valley as a place for young people to live and thrive
In the past the Young People's Committee has been involved some fantastic projects including:
- Youth Forums
- Youth Week Carnival
- Consultations of the Fair Action Plan
- RUOK? Day afternoon tea
- International Women's day art competition
- Engagement with high schools
Want to check out what the Young People’s Committee is all about before signing up? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for an invite to our next meeting, no commitment necessary!
To apply to join the Commitee, please complete the form to the right or get in touch if you'd like to know more!
Currently the YPC is meeting online via Zoom.
Young People's Committee
Love being creative?
Through making these events happen, you’ll:
- Get great experience for your resume
- Get training in skills you’re interested in, and
- Meet people into the same stuff as you!
Currently we meet on Mondays from 5-6pm at the Sam Merrifield Library.
If you want to learn more before signing up, get in touch with us at email@example.com
If you’d like to get involved or have ideas for local youth events, contact us via the form.
If you're passionate about taking action on our changing climate, join our Grassroots Group!
It's a great chance to voice your opinions and lead other young people to create sustainable change in your community for a big impact. If you want to take control of the future and start grassroots change, look no further than this group!
So far we have led:
- A planting day at the Valley Youth Space
- A clean-up spot for Clean Up Australia Day
- Created a youth feedback session on a new pocket park in Flemington (small park)
- An online campaign for National Recycling Week (check it out below!)
- A terrarium making workshop over Zoom
Our future plans are to:
- Teach other young people how to be sustainable
- Host sustainability events in the community
- Create small change for a big impact!
Have we piqued your interest? Let us plant the seed by sending you an invitation to our next meeting (no commitment necessary!) Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.