TAC L2P Program
Our Learner Driver Mentor Program is a Department of Transport
initiative which assists young learner drivers to gain driving experience.
Find out more about the program in the relevant links below. If you want to be a learner driver, check out the L2P - Learners section. If you want to find out more about becoming a mentor, check out the L2P - Mentors section. We've got all the info you need on both areas!
TAC L2P Program - Learners
The TAC L2P Mentor Program is funded by the Department of Transport which assists young learner drivers to gain driving experience.
Learner drivers are given professional driving lessons before they are matched with a fully-licensed volunteer mentor. Together the learner driver and mentor work towards achieving 120 mandatory hours of driving practice.
To be eligible for the program you need to meet the following criteria:
- You need to live, work, study or hang out in Moonee Valley
- Be between the age of 16-20
- Have your learners permit
- Have no access to a fully licensed driver and/or vehicle
- Be able to commit a minimum of one hour a week to the program
TAC L2P Program - Mentors
The TAC L2P Program is funded by the Department of Transport which assists young learner drivers to gain driving experience.
Once learner drivers complete professional driving lessons, they are paired with a volunteer mentor.
Volunteers are required to be available for a minimum one hour a week and are provided with formal training before being matched with a learner. Volunteers and learners have use of the program car for driving hours which is available seven days a week to fit in with their schedules.
Volunteer mentors will:
- Meet with the learner driver for at least one hour per week
- Act in the role of a supervising driver and help the young person build up to 120 hours of driving experience before they sit for their probationary licence
- Listen to and support the learner driver by developing a supportive and ongoing relationship; and
- Have fun with the learner driver!
The personal information in this form is for the purpose of registering you as a volunteer with the TAC L2P Program. The information will be used for this purpose only and will not be disclosed to other organisations unless required to do so by law.