There are a loads of opportunities for young people in Moonee Valley throughout the year. Opportunities range from competitions, chances to perform, receive awards or funding and more!
Check below to see what awesome things you can get involved in with your local community!
Are you a performer?
Come play at our events!
We're always looking for young people to perform at our events throughout the year.
Submit an expression of interest in our form below to play at our next event!
IMPORTANT INFO - PLEASE READ
What happens next?
- All submitted performer applications will be assessed by the Valley Youth FReeZA team
- All applicants will be responded to within the week of the closing date and will be advised whether they have been successful
- Successful applicants will be allocated a performance time and emailed all necessary documents and information
Performer Equipment and Payment Information
- P.A. and microphones will be provided by the FReeZA team
- Payment will be discussed with the FReeZA team
Terms and Conditions
- This event is strictly drug, alcohol and smoking free
- Performances of a discriminatory, explicit or defamatory nature are not suitable for this event and will not be considered
- There will be no venue hire costs for performers
- Photo Release: All performers involved in the event may be photographed or filmed by an event photographer or videographer. Footage/images will be used for the purpose of documenting and promoting activities or for other Valley Youth publicity. These photos may be used on publicity flyers, posters, articles, and advertisements in newspapers as well as on the Valley Youth website or anywhere else Valley Youth may have their programs promoted or recorded.
- Event/Crowd Safety: Dangerous activity will not be permitted at this event. In the interests of safety, artists/performers are required not to encourage dangerous behaviours. Artists/performers will assist event management by following all instructions in regards to public safety issues.
Are you good at stuff?
tell us what you're good at!
If you're interested in drawing/designing, taking photos, making movies or anything in between, get in touch with us! We look for young people to get involved in projects and want to pay you for your skills and time. It's also experience you can put on your resume!
Know someone who is awesome, aged 12-25 years and is connected to Moonee Valley? Give them a shout out by nominating them for a Young People's Award! We want to recognise young people for the awesomeness you give back to our local neighbourhoods.
The Young People's Award happens twice a year and is organised by our Young People's Committee. The award recipients will receive a certificate presented at a public Valley Youth event and a $150 voucher.
Some examples of achievements and contributions you can be nominated for include:
- caring for family or friends
- running a local community project
- advocating for change across their neighbourhood
- starting a social / sports group
- achieving in the arts, music and culture
It’s a great chance to recognise the great things young people do in Moonee Valley. We won't hear about these things without your help! Tell us about what you or someone you know are doing to make a difference in the lives of others.
You can also stay notified about the award by following the our facebook page.
If you have any questions about the Young People's Award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9243 1225.
Applications for the first round of the Young People's Award for 2020 are now closed.
We know that the COVID-19 lockdown has been a challenging time for young people in Moonee Valley and we want to help!
Valley Youth has put together wellbeing packages to send to young people in need of some positivity and wellbeing support during this time, particularly those who are struggling financially.
The packages include items that aim to promote social connection, emotional wellbeing and exercise.
The wellbeing packs include:
- Jenga set
- Mindfulness colouring book
- Colouring pencils
- Yoga/fitness mat
- Exercise dice
- Resistance band
- Social and wellbeing tip sheets
All you have to do is nominate a young person aged 12 -25 who lives, works or studies in Moonee Valley to recieve one!
Wellbeing packs are free of charge and delivered to your doorstep.
Share the kindness! If you’ve received a wellbeing pack, and want to pass on the cheer – or if you know someone who is in need – please fill out the information below!
Due to current circumstances, please note that packs can take 1 - 5 weeks to be received from time of nomination and are subject to available item stock.
If you have any questions about the wellbeing packs, please contact email@example.com or call 9243 1225.
If you would like to nominate a young person aged between 12-25 who lives, works or studies in Moonee Valley to receive a wellbeing package, please complete the form below.
Please note there is a maximum of 2 nominations per person as we have limited stock and want to share the love around the community.
Halloween Face masks!
There are three unique designs to choose from and they are reusable!
Just tell us what you've been doing to keep your spirits up (get it spirits!) and we'll send you your preferred face mask free of charge.
To be eligible for a face mask you must be a Moonee Valley resident.
Please note delivery may take approximately 1-4 weeks and there may be delays due to the current circumstances.
If you have any questions about the Halloween face masks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9243 1225.
This project is funded by FReeZA. FReeZA is a Victorian Government initiative that supports young Victorians to get involved in their community by planning and running drug, smoke and alcohol-free music, art and cultural events and activities.
To receive a face mask please complete the form below. Please note there is a maximum order of 1 face mask per person as we have limited stock and want to share the Halloween spirit around.
BMX & outdoor activities
Have your say on outdoor spaces for young people in Moonee Valley!
We noticed improvised dirt jumps and bike tracks popping up in the area and know this is something young people are interested in.
We want to hear what you want to see in parks and outdoor spaces in Moonee Valley - some examples could be:
- Places to ride bikes, skateboard, etc.
- Basketball hoops
- Soccer goals
- Playgrounds for teenagers
- Bouldering walls
- Anything else!
Chat with the Valley Youth team about what you would like to see in your community.
When: Wednesday December 2, 2020
Save your spot through Eventbrite here.
Want to share your thoughts now? Head to the survey here.