There are a loads of opportunities for young people in Moonee Valley throughout the year. Opportunities range from competitions, chances to perform, receive awards or funding and more!
Check below to see what awesome things you can get involved in with your local community!
If you like performing and want to showcase your talent, come play at our upcoming events!
Are you a performer?
Come play at our events!
We're always looking for young people to perform at our events throughout the year.
Submit an expression of interest in our form below to play at our next event!
IMPORTANT INFO - PLEASE READ
What happens next?
- All submitted performer applications will be assessed by the Valley Youth FReeZA team
- All applicants will be responded to within the week of the closing date and will be advised whether they have been successful
- Successful applicants will be allocated a performance time and emailed all necessary documents and information
Performer Equipment and Payment Information
- P.A. and microphones will be provided by the FReeZA team
- Payment will be discussed with the FReeZA team
Terms and Conditions
- This event is strictly drug, alcohol and smoking free
- Performances of a discriminatory, explicit or defamatory nature are not suitable for this event and will not be considered
- There will be no venue hire costs for performers
- Photo Release: All performers involved in the event may be photographed or filmed by an event photographer or videographer. Footage/images will be used for the purpose of documenting and promoting activities or for other Valley Youth publicity. These photos may be used on publicity flyers, posters, articles, and advertisements in newspapers as well as on the Valley Youth website or anywhere else Valley Youth may have their programs promoted or recorded.
- Event/Crowd Safety: Dangerous activity will not be permitted at this event. In the interests of safety, artists/performers are required not to encourage dangerous behaviours. Artists/performers will assist event management by following all instructions in regards to public safety issues.
Are you good at stuff?
tell us what you're good at!
If you're interested in drawing/designing, taking photos, making movies or anything in between, get in touch with us! We look for young people to get involved in projects and want to pay you for your skills and time. It's also experience you can put on your resume!
Skillset - Expression of Interest
Young PeoPle's Awards
NOMINATIONS FOR OUR YOUNG PEOPLE'S AWARD ARE NOW OPEN!
Know someone who is awesome, aged 12-25 years and is connected to Moonee Valley? Give them a shout out by nominating them for a Young People's Award! Moonee Valley City Council wants to recognise young people for the great things they're doing in our community! Tell us about what you or someone you know are doing to make a difference in the lives of others.
The Young People's Award is organised and voted on by our Young People's Committee. Award recipients will receive a $150 voucher and certificate which will be presented at a Valley Youth event towards the end of the year.
Some examples of achievements and contributions you can be nominated for include:
- caring for family or friends
- running a local community project
- advocating for change across their neighbourhood
- starting a social / sports group
- achieving in the arts, music and culture
No achievement or act of kindness is too small to be highlighted! If you have any questions about the Young People's Award, or need support filling out the nomination form below, please contact email@example.com or call 9243 1225.
NOMINATIONS CLOSE: MONDAY 22ND NOVEMBER 2021, 5pm.
Nomimate a young person today using the form below.